Friday, October 19, 2012

Kids Room Letters-Lego Theme-Cheap and Easy!

This room letter craft is super easy and cheap! You can get all your materials at Hobby Lobby/Michael's/Joann's. Never pay full price when shopping at these craft stores..catch your materials on sale or use a 40% off coupon, you can print them and they all have a free smart phone app so you will always have a coupon on you when you go! I use the mobile apps for all three stores and it is so convenient and I don't waste money anymore because I forgot my coupons at home.
 
My son is a Lego freak so that's the theme I chose to go with. I used the typical bright primary colors that go with Lego but the paint comes in pretty much any color you could want so your theme possibilities are endless. Your materials will be: large cardboard letters (I got mine at Hobby Lobby for 30% off, ended up paying around $15 for 9 letters.) Hot glue gun, paint and a paint brush.
 
This is the paint I used. I got these at Michael's on sale for only 77 cents and I have plenty left over for other projects.
 
Paint each letter with two coats, for lighter colors you'll need more coats, I did 5 coats in the yellow and 2 coats in the other colors.
 

Once they're dry just hot glue them together and you're done..easy peasy! You can leave the letters separate if you want to do it that way. You can also glue them together vertically or staggered so they're not in a straight line.


I hung them on the wall using those removable 3m mounting squares from Walmart and they are holding up just fine! These could also be used on selves, table tops or dresser tops if you don't want them on the wall.


 


2 comments:

  1. How cute!!!!

    Nicole Michelles
    http://nicolemichellesblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I need to get some more and do "create" still.

      Delete