Monday, February 18, 2013

Ribbon Wreath Tutorial

I've been wanting to make a ribbon wreath for a while now and I finally got a chance to do one recently! I decided to do a pink Valentine's Day theme. I headed to Michael's and was lucky to get really pretty coordinating ribbons that were perfect. I love that I got patterns that aren't the typical hearts that would be expected on a Valentine wreath. Here's the beautiful ribbons I chose:
This is Aria ribbon and I believe it's only carried by Michael's. I love, love, love the pink chevron!!
First I cut a ribbon strips, I did about 4 inches each.
Next hot glue your strips into loops.

I used a 10 in Styrofoam wreath.  You will need to wrap a ribbon around the wreath, hot gluing it as you go.
 
Once that's done it's time for the fun part. Start hot gluing your ribbon loops onto the wrapped wreath. I worked one section at a time and found that it worked well. After all your loops are glued on, glue a ribbon loop onto the back of your wreath and hang on a wreath hook!

Helpful tips:
Make your loops smaller if you have a limited amount of ribbon.
Don't pack your loops too close together, you can always go back and fill in empty spaces later.
Use a variety of patterns and textures for a interesting mix of ribbons.
Expect this to take a couple of hours to complete. :)

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment