Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pinterest Salt Dough FAIL!! lol

So recently I found this great pin to make a simple salt dough that you can smoosh your kid's hand or foot into, bake and use as a garden stepping stone. I immediately knew this was something I wanted to do so I gathered up my ingredients and got started.
Things seemed easy enough, there was no way I could mess this up! Mixed up the dough and had David smoosh his hand into it.
I followed the directions and stuck it in the oven for 3 hrs at 200 deg. But....what the original pin failed to tell me was that this dough would cement itself onto whatever surface it was baked on... So instead of a cute garden stepping stone I now have a salad plate with a hunk of salt dough cement. lmao. I wish I could have seen my face when I tried to lift it off my plate!
I don't have a stepping stone but at least got a laugh out of it. Thinking I may submit this mess to Pintrosity! Haha Moral of the story: Beware of salt dough crafts and your good plates!

 

2 comments:

  1. I tried a different salt dough and it was an epic fail too!

    Nicole Michelle
    http://www.nicolemichelles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seemed sooo easy too! I have no clue what happened lol I think part of it was that I didn't cook it long enough, it was still wet on the underside. David had to pry it off my plate so luckily I didn't have to toss it.

    ReplyDelete